Saturday, September 15, 2012

The ACTUAL Dia de Independencia

I was curious about the events that would take place on Guatemala's actual Independence Day, considering the amount of activities that have been taking place for over a week now. They did not disappoint :) The day started with a 3 hour parade and even now as I write this, bands continue to march and dance down the streets while playing their jubilant and festive songs. This has truly been a day filled with patriotism, culture and beauty. Antigua has welcomed thousands of visitors for the weekend festivities, and the streets are filled with vendors, music and laughter. I'm thinking that this next Fourth of July I'm going to make more of an effort because the past week has been so much fun! The Feldhacker Family Farm is going to be the place to celebrate July 4th, 2013!!
There were torch runners everywhere. I joined 3 different groups on my run yesterday.

The first act of the 3 hour parade



Future Firefighter






Miss Maize






No comments:

Post a Comment